My thanks to the organisers of this year’s Chartered Management Institute Scottish Conference. I had the final plenary slot in which I delivered my talk ‘Coaching for the Recovery’.
My feeling is that current economic circumstances are forcing us to acknowledge what we should have been doing for years: moving some of the responsibility for learning and development from HR to Line Management. The advantages of so doingare that we can:
- Replace formal training with ‘on-the-job’ coaching
- Develop people every working day (coaches and coachees)
- Achieve the same results with fewer resources
- Improve quality and lessen mistakes and wastage
- Ensure learning is derived from every experience
- Demonstrate your commitment to your current staff
- Help those that have left or need to leave
Trackback from your site.