Coaching at Work
Dates: 2 Day residential programme, 5-6 February 2013
Venue: Blackwell Grange Hotel
Grange Road, Darlington
Durham DL3 8QH
Day 1: 9.00 – 6.30
Day 2: 9.00 – 4.45
07930 553 029
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Help people identify and remove barriers to their own success
- Increase motivation in individuals and teams
- Increase people’s ability to manage change
- Use a structured coaching approach to enable people to move from vague desires to meaningful action
- Improve performance at the individual, team and organisation level
The programme is participative and interactive and includes some light physical activity. If you are fit enough to climb a flight of stairs you should have no problems.
You may find it more comfortable though to avoid ‘business dress’ so please feel free to come in jeans or joggers, etc. Some activities take place outdoors (whatever the weather!) so please bring a waterproof jacket and some sports shoes as well.
Recently participants have been telling us that they find printed workbooks and binders old-fashioned and wasteful and that they have nowhere to keep them. We decided to give you maximum choice by making the materials available online
This is the Programme Workbook. It can help you get the most from the training in different ways
- If you’re looking at it before attending you are welcome to print it out and bring it with you on the day. This would enable you to ad yur own notes and keep everything in one place
- You are welcome to open up the file on a tablet or similar device and refer to it throughout the training. You may find your device allows you to type notes directly on to the page and to save them afterwards
- If you’re accessing it after the training, we would recommend that you copy across and notes you made at the time to create a permanenet record. Doing so is a great way of reviewing your learning
These are the Programme Slides. You are again welcome to download them in advance of attending if you would like to have a copy to view on your tablet or similar device.
Of course, there will be pens and paper available on the day and any other materials you need will be provided.
Think of one or two ‘live’ issues at work that you would like to move forward. These issues should be within your power to control or, at least, influence. You will get an opportunity to be coached on these issues as part of the programme.
Follow this link http://wp.me/ptINK-bD for a little more background to coaching and helps you prepare for the programme.
If you are very new to coaching and would like to do some more thorough preparation for the programme, please contact our office to discuss your needs. We can, for example, point you towards some of our web-based material that may be helpful. Have a look at www.mattsomers.com
Please get in touch if there is anything else you need to know beforehand; otherwise we look forward to seeing you on the 26th June 2012.
PA to Matt Somers